1. Introduction and Purpose
Information We Collect:
Information about You That You Share With Us Directly
- User profile information like Date of Birth, Email and profile picture provided by you.
- Information and content, you share on our App, such as texts, comments, and feedback.
- We also record and collect information of the actions you perform while using our App, such as registration of disinterest or favourites, liking user content or other interactions that you may have with the App itself.
- If you email or contact us, the content of your message, your email address, and your other contact information would be stored by us to respond to your request.
- If you provide us with sensitive data such as such as race, religion, politics, sex life, or health, you allow us to collect and process such information. Depending on the laws of your country, you will be entitled to any special protection afforded to such sensitive data.
- We also receive and collect information about the manner in which you use our App. We use such information to operate or personalize our services and ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance. Such information allows us to improve our content and make it more meaningful and relevant for you. It also allows us to make suggestions about content you would like and features that you would be interested in.
Information You Generate Using Our Services
- We collect information about the ways in which you use and interact with our App, such as when and for how long you access the Platform features and other users you interact with, purchases you make, likes, comment interactions and not interested and favourite videos, and other interaction and use activities. We also receive information about the frequency of these interactions and use.
- We receive information about the links (internal and third party) which you interact with across our App, and we also receive information about how you interact with these links.
- In addition to the above, when you use our App we also receive information about your IP address, browser, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, approximate location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information.
We receive and collect information about and from each of the devices you use, to access and use our App. We use this information to personalise and improve our content, better design our services for you and make it more meaningful and relevant for you. Information that we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts that you use.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and mobile phone masts.
- Data from device settings: information that you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos, other apps installed on your device.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
- We work with various partners, such as advertisers, vendors, service providers, developers, third parties whose APIs are integrated with our App. We receive information from these partners provide about your activities outside of the App – such as information about your device, websites you visit, purchases you make, the adverts you see and how you use their services. They receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties that they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing any data to us
We do not record or store any kind of payment information including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address, in order to make purchase other offerings provided as part of our App.
3. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- We automatically gather information about your computer and device such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, it’s important to remember that many of the features on our App may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
How We Use Information We Collect
- The primary purpose for which we use the information that we receive is for providing you to provide, personalize, maintain the security of, and improve the Services you use on our App.
- We use such information to operate or personalize our services and ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance. Such information enables us to make inferences, understand the use of our App and therefore allows us to improve our content, better design our services for you and make it more meaningful and relevant for you. It also allows us to make suggestions about content including ads you would like and features that you would be interested in.
- We also make use of the information for the purposes of developing, testing and improving our Services, including by way of conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
In addition, we may use your personal information to:
- Personalize your experience as per your preferences
- Save some manual typing efforts by auto-populating some information
- Verify your unique user account within our system.
- Send you requested product or service information;
- Administer your account;
- Send you a newsletter;
- Send you marketing communications;
- Respond to your questions and concerns;
- Improve our App and marketing efforts;
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Offer other products, features, or services that may be of interest to you.
- We use the information and the inferences we draw from processing information to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps and services. We conduct data analytics to provide analytics and measurement reports.
- In communications sent to you, we use the information to send you communications related to our App, marketing content, sponsored content, related to our terms and conditions and to reply to you when you contact us.
Advertising is our key and primary source of revenue and allows us to provide you the App and most of its features for free. We may use ad networks to customize and display advertising on our App. However, we do not share any information about you, as a user, with any ad network and service providers. We may from time to time work with other companies for certain services such as analytics or advertising, and you may be subject to their privacy policies as well.
6. Safety, Integrity and Security.
We use the information for verification of accounts and your activity to prevent any misuse of our App, or any harmful conduct either towards you or towards the general community and therefore provide safety and maintain integrity and Security of our Services.
7. Information Sharing
- For the purposes mentioned here, we do disclose certain personal information we collect or receive, however we do so subject to your control, or because it’s necessary to operate our services, or because it’s required by law. With your consent or at your direction or on your instructions, we share or disclose personal information, like when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account.
- Subject to the settings controls you have provided us with, we also disclose your personal information with certain third parties for allowing us offer or operate our App. For instance, we disclose to the advertiser’s certain specific information when you see or engage with their ads, which enables them to measure the productivity and effectiveness of their adverts and our advertising proposition.
- We also share device identifiers, along with the interests or other characteristics of a device or the person using it, to help partners decide whether to serve an ad to that device or to enable them to conduct marketing, brand analysis, interest-based advertising, or similar activities.
- The information we share with these partners does not include your name, email address, phone number, or username, but some of these partnerships allow the information we share to be linked to other personal information if the partner gets your consent first.
8. Service Providers
We engage vendors and service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, to help operate our services, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our App is used, providing analytics and measurement reports (which reports we may share with our partners) providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
9. Law, Harm, and the Public Interest
- We believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, including for national security, law enforcement, or legal process purposes (for example, a court order, search warrant, etc).
- To protect the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally.
- To protect the safety or integrity of our platform, including to help prevent spam, abuse, or malicious actors on our services, or to explain why we have removed content or accounts from our services.
- To address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- To protect our rights or property or the rights or property of those who use our services.
10. Business Transfer and Change of Ownership:
- We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, publicly and with our partners like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services, the number of people who clicked on a particular link, or reports to advertisers about how many people saw or clicked on their ads.
11. Links to Other Web Sites
Our App includes links to other apps or websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Wakau. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We follow accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
- If you have any questions about security on our App, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. How Long We Keep Your Information
Personal information provided by you that we use to provide you services on the App is retained by us until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. We keep information collected on the App for a maximum of 180 days.
The length of time we retain personally identifiable information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
14. Managing your Personal Information
- To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com. If you believe your information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
- When updating your personal data, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
15. For EU Residents
You are in control of your personal information which we have received or collected.
- Accessing or Rectifying Your Personal Data:
- We provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal data you provided to us and associated with your account. You can request correction, deletion, or modification of your personal data, and download your account information, by following the instructions writing to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You can opt out of marketing communications we send you.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- You are also able to download certain account information, including your public updates, by requesting the same on email@example.com.
- You can learn more about the interests we have inferred about you and request access to additional information by writing to us requesting the same on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To deactivate or delete your account please write to us at email@example.com. Upon deactivation, your account, including your display name, username, and public profile, will no longer be viewable on the App. Thereafter for up to 30 days, you will be entitled to restore your account and for that period we will retain your personal information. Information that others have shared about you isn’t part of your account and won’t be deleted.
- If you would like further information in relation to your rights or would like to exercise any of them, you may also contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you reside or are located in the EEA, you have the right to request that we:
- Provide access to any personal information we hold about you;
- Prevent the processing of your Personal Information for direct-marketing purposes;
- Update any Personal Information which is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete any Personal Information which we are holding about you;
- Restrict the way that we process your Personal Information;
- Provide your Personal Information to a third-party provider of services;
- Provide you with a copy of any Personal Information which we hold about you.
- We try to answer every email promptly where possible, and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Information. Please also note that certain Personal Information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your Personally Identifiable Information to comply with a legal obligation.
- When you email us with a request, we may ask that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
- International Operations and Transfers out of European Countries:
- For providing you the services on our App, we operate globally and are required to transfer your information to countries where we operate for processing of such information, and by agreeing to use our App, you authorise us to make such transfers. The laws governing privacy and data protection in such countries may differ from the laws in your country however we attempt to ensure an adequate level of protection for your information in compliance with receiving country’s data protection laws, and by placing contractual obligations on the recipient of the data (in case of third parties).
16. Our Policies Concerning Children
We do not direct our App to children and to use our Services you must be at least 13 years of age, and if you are below the age of 18, you must have received permission from your parents or legal guardians to use the App. If you are a resident of EU then you must be at least 16 years of age. You must also be old enough to provide a legal and binding consent (as determined by the laws of your country) to the processing of your personal data (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).